- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hours: Term Time
- Salary: G01 SCP 2-4 £22,366.00-23,114.00 FTE
- Posted: 20th November 2023
- Expires: 3rd December 2023 11:59 am
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Job ID : 1386541
27.5 hours per week, Term time only.
1.2 Learning Support GO1 SCP 2-4 (£22366.00- 23114.00 FTE)
The Headteacher and Governors are seeking to appoint a committed, enthusiastic, highly motivated Teaching Assistant to work directly with pupils with Additional Learning Needs.
St. David’s High School is a non-selective 11-16 comprehensive school with around 340 pupils, situated in Saltney, Flintshire and is maintained by the local authority. It is a school committed to the success of all its learners. Our motto “To be the best you can be, every day” summarises our whole school desire for pupils to build on their strengths and work on their weaknesses. The school has excellent links with its feeder primary schools and is committed to the development of the school and the community.
The Governor’s aim is for St. David’s High School to become the first choice for all pupils within the local community and beyond. Our learners are remarkable and our greatest asset; they represent a truly comprehensive intake in terms of ability and preparedness for learning. They are committed to their learning and they are striving to succeed. We also have a very talented team of teaching and support staff who support and challenge every learner to be the best that they can be.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of teachers and support staff who all have high expectations and levels of commitment.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be committed to raising standards of achievement and behaviour.
- Have the ability to communicate and engage well with pupils and teachers alike.
- Have the ability to provide, develop and support a stimulating and supportive environment for our learners.
- Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills, with experience of improving standards in these key areas.
- Be an organised, flexible and effective communicator.
- Be able to work as part of a team, and equally have the ability to work on a 1:1 basis with targeted pupils.
- Have a competent level of ICT to support learners with their digital competency requirements, and support in the completion of computerised ALN records.
Applying for the post
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity at St. David’s, please download the application pack and then complete the Flintshire application form, attaching a supporting statement (no more than two sides of A4) outlining your skills and experience and what you would bring to the role of Teacher of Welsh (Assistant DoL) at St. David’s High School.
Deadline for applications: Friday 14th April 2023.
Interview date: TBC
Safeguarding Statement:We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure and EWC registration is required for this post.